Recorded: September 15, 2016
SIFT-MS represents a revolutionary advance in continuous, comprehensive, and economical gas and headspace analysis. Ingenious application of direct, ultrasoft chemical ionization coupled with mass spectrometric detection makes simultaneous and continuous analysis simple for both routine and chromatographically challenging compounds (e.g. ammonia, formaldehyde, hydrogen chloride, and hydrogen sulfide).
Direct, broad-spectrum analysis using SIFT-MS provides new opportunities across an extremely wide range of applications. Join us for a webinar where we will describe the benefits of SIFT-MS for:
- High-throughput screening of polymers and packaging, including for formaldehyde residues
- Analysis of chromatographically challenging species in odor applications
- Comprehensive, non-discriminatory aroma analysis of food – in headspace applications or in vivo flavor release
- Simplifying method development
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn the fundamentals of the selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) technique, which delivers high selectivity in the absence of chromatography.
- Discover how direct analysis using SIFT-MS revolutionizes analysis of chromatographically challenging compounds, such as formaldehyde and organosulfur species.
- Learn about the benefits of direct SIFT-MS analysis to various applications, including food, packaging and odor analysis.
Who Should Attend
- All interested in gas and headspace analysis
- Those who need to monitor dynamic processes
- All frustrated by slow sample throughput of traditional gas analysis techniques
- Analysts seeking to eliminate sample preparation (preconcentration, derivatization, drying…)
- Those seeking more cost-effective analysis through broad-spectrum detection and simplicity of operation
Professor Sheryl Barringer, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Food Science and Technology
Ohio State University
Mark Perkins, Ph.D
Senior Applications Chemist
Barry Prince, Ph.D.
Director of Global Sales