The IRmadillo in-line FTIR spectrometer is a rugged mid-infrared spectrometer designed to withstand manufacturing environments with simple, fixed components. Standard FTIR instruments contain delicate moving parts and rely on fragile fiber optic connections making it impractical to use in production environments. The IRmadillo offers a novel design with no moving parts. The rigid probe is inserted directly into reaction vessels (or process lines) for immediate analysis. Extreme vibration tolerance eliminates the need for long fiber optic cables between the probe and the spectrometer, thereby reducing cost while improving performance and reliability.
- No moving parts; resulting in extreme vibration tolerance
- Fixed dip probe with no need for long fiber-optic cables to connect probe to your reaction
- Long lifetime light emitter
- Tough IP-67 instrument for industrial environments
- Choice of ATR and dip probe materials compatible for a wide range of operating environments
- Output compatible with all major chemometric analysis packages
- Mid-infrared spectrum analysis with easy to download data file formats
- Stable instrument with recalibration frequency minimal to none
Accurately detect low PPM quantity of water in glycol in petrochemical plants
Glycol dehydration of liquified natural gas and liquified petroleum gas is a common method of purifying raw materials in the petrochemical industries. This application note describes how to measure water in glycol using a solid-state FTIR sensor for real-time on-line measurements.