Analysis of Edible Oils by FT-NIR Spectroscopy
Duration: 30 minutes
Presenting Partner: Galaxy Scientific
Fats and edible oils are recognized as essential nutrients in human diets and are presented in varying amounts in many foods. They not only provide the human body with a concentrated source of energy, but also supply essential fatty acids that are precursors for important hormones.
The benefits of FT-NIR spectroscopic analysis of fats and edible oils include:
- Real-time analysis; generally less than 10 seconds measurement time
- Ability to analyze multiple parameters with a single measurement
- Elimination of sample preparation time with non-destructive sampling
- Cost effective solution
- Safe-to-use method requiring no training for the tester
This webinar explores the advantages of Galaxy FT-NIR instruments for edible oil analysis:
- Real-time results for iodine value (IV)
- Peroxide value (PV)
- Free fatty acids (FFA)
- FT-NIR as a proven tool for detecting oil adulteration
Richard Jackson, Ph.D.
CEO & Co-Founder, Galaxy Scientific
Richard Jackson got his Ph.D. in the Dept. of Physics at the University of Leeds in England in the field of Raman spectroscopy of polymers. After completing his Ph.D. he moved to the USA to assume postdoctoral positions at the University of California at Riverside and at the University of Idaho. After completing his postdoctoral studies, he took positions at Mattson Instruments and Bruker Instruments. In 2011, Dr. Jackson co-founded Galaxy Scientific Inc., a manufacturer of Fourier transform spectrometers, where he currently holds the position of CEO.