Agilent 5977B High Efficiency Source (HES) Gas Chromatograph/Mass Selective Detector (GC/MSD) builds on a tradition of providing the most trusted single-quadrupole GC/MS system. The ultra-efficient EI source maximizes the number of ions that are created and transferred out of the source body and into the quadrupole analyzer. This novel design revolutionizes single quadrupole mass spectrometry performance.
- Revolutionary High Efficiency Source (HES) offers the industry’s lowest Instrument Detection Limit (IDL) and best S/N
- Up to 10x increase in MS signal brings the future into today’s single quadrupole laboratory
- Leverage increased MS sensitivity to reduce sample size and lower operating costs for transportation, storage, preparation, and waste disposal
- Industry-leading robustness and reliability ensure years of successful lab productivity
- The power and flexibility of both MassHunter Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis and Classic MSD ChemStation
- Enhanced communication between the GC and MSD for more efficient and safer operation
- Eco-friendly features save time and money
High Efficiency, High Capability
Agilent 5977B High Efficiency Source gives you 10x improvement capabilities
The Agilent 5977B HES GC/MSD System builds on a long tradition of providing the most trusted single-quadrupole GC/MS system. We’ve now pushed the technological frontier even further by introducing our newest advancement: the HES – High Efficiency Ion Source.
Fundamentally, mass spectrometry sensitivity depends on the number of ions measured. The ultra-efficient EI source of the 5977B HES GC/MSD maximizes the number of ions that are created and transferred out of the source body and into the quadrupole analyzer. This novel design revolutionizes single-quadrupole MS performance, offering two distinct advantages:
10x Greater Sensitivity: Take advantage of the improved sensitivity and see detection limits as low as 1.5 fg IDL – performance that brings yesterday’s triple-quadrupole limits of detection into today’s single-quadrupole laboratory.
10x Less Sample Required: You’ll spend less time performing sample prep and maintenance while saving on shipping costs at the same time.