UNITY-xr™ is a versatile analytical thermal desorption instrument for GC and GC/MS. It offers analysis of trace-level volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs and SVOCs) in air and materials. In contrast to other thermal desorption units, UNITY-xr quantitatively re-collects samples for re-analysis or storage, enhancing sample security. UNITY-xr also features an electrically cooled cold trap, dispensing with the expense and inconvenience of liquid cryogen.
- Quantitative sample re-collection of all the split flows enables repeat analysis of critical samples and easy method validation
- An inert, optimised flow path allows quantitative recovery of C2 to C44, including reactive and thermally labile species… from percent to sub-ppt concentrations
- As well analysing 3½″ standard TD tubes, the UNITY-xr facilitates analysis of on-line, canister and bag samples through the modular addition of versatile accessories
- Rapid operation of the electrically-cooled focusing trap reduces costs and ensures fast sample throughput
- Method-compliance is aided by tube- and leak-testing, water management, and addition of internal standards
- Samples are easily tracked with barcoded tubes and RFID TubeTAGs
- Compatible with all major makes of GC and GC–MS
Get an introduction to the regulations limiting the quantities of VOCs and SVOCs allowed in vehicle cabin air. We’ll describe the evolution of harmonized, globally-applicable standard methods for sampling and measuring them.
This webinar will discuss how to tackle the US Environmental Protection Agency’s PAMS program using the technique TD-GC/MS.
This application note describes validation of a thermal desorption system for on-line monitoring of a complex mix of VOC hydrocarbons. This includes volatile and very volatile compounds (‘ozone precursors’) in ambient air.
Application guide describe the role of thermal desorption (TD) in whole air testing of car cabins, direct desorption of small samples, and other applications in vehicle manufacturing.