News & Events
SIFT-MS Now With Negative Reagent Ions
Syft Technologies introduces a breakthrough in Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) by adding four negatively charged reagent ions: O–, O2–, OH–, and NO2– to the traditional positive reagent ions H3O+, NO+, and O2+.
The high selectivity of SIFT-MS arises from the different reaction mechanisms provided by each of the reagent ions. The unprecedented advance from three to seven reagent ions enables SIFT-MS to provide even greater selectivity and analyze new compounds.
New and Enhanced Applications Include:
- Acid gas detection (hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, sulfur dioxide)
- Greenhouse gas analysis (carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, water)
- Fumigant detection (for example, sulfuryl fluoride (VikaneTM), cyanogen)
- Photochemical smog precursors (NOx, ozone, PAN)
- Tracer gas analysis (sulfur hexafluoride)
The new instrument is available for delivery January 2016.